European funding - Innovative medicines initiative (IMI)
Deadline: 16th May 2012 for expression of interest
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) has officially launch its 5th Call for proposals, giving researchers from diverse sectors the opportunity to participate in ambitious public-private partnerships that will pave the way for the development of the medicines of the future.
The 5th Call Theme, on the creation of a joint European Lead Factory for drug discovery, comprises two topics:
- European Screening Centre
- Joint European Compound Collection
IMI encourages small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), patients’ organisations, regulatory authorities, academic teams, industry, hospitals and other organisations to form consortia and apply for participation in the new IMI projects.
- Take part in patient-centric biomedical / pharmaceutical research
- Join unique consortia involving top teams from industry, academia, SMEs, regulators, and others
- Obtain research funding
- Gain access to the databases, knowledge and infrastructures of consortium partners
- Boost the visibility and status of your organisation in Europe and globally and gain access to new markets