The objective of the programme is to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries.
Eligible applicants are Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific that provide courses at the graduate and/or doctoral level of higher education, recognised by the competent authorities in their own country.
The project will involve the identification of existing high quality master and doctoral programmes, the organisation and implementation of student and staff mobility at these levels of higher education, the provision of education/training and other services to foreign students and teaching/training and research assignments and other services to staff from the country/-ies covered by the project.
AIM OF THE PROGRAMME
- provide access to higher education for students including those from disadvantaged groups,
- facilitate cooperation on recognition of studies and qualifications,
- contribute to the improvement of the quality of higher education through the promotion of internationalisation, and harmonisation of programmes and curricula within participating institutions,
- enhance the international cooperation capacity of HEIs in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries,
- promote cooperation between sending and hosting institutions,
- enable students, academics and staff to benefit linguistically, culturally and professionally from the experience gained in the context of mobility to another country,
- enhance, in the medium-term, the political, cultural, educational and economical links between the participating countries.