DEADLINE:9 February 2011
MAIN AREAS OF INTERVENTION:
- Mathematics: all areas of mathematics, pure and applied, plus mathematical foundations of computer science, mathematical physics and statistics
- Fundamental constituents of matter: particle, nuclear, plasma, atomic, molecular, gas, and optical physics
- Condensed matter physics: structure, electronic properties, fluids, nanosciences
- Physical and analytical chemical sciences: analytical chemistry, chemical theory, physical chemistry/chemical physics
- Materials and synthesis: materials synthesis, structure-properties relations, functional and advanced materials, molecular architecture, organic chemistry
- Computer science and informatics: informatics and information systems, computer science, scientific computing, intelligent systems
- Systems and communication engineering: electronic, communication, optical and systems engineering
- Products and processes engineering: product design, process design and control, construction methods, civil engineering, energy systems, material engineering
- Universe sciences: astro-physics/chemistry/biology; solar system; stellar, galactic and extragalactic astronomy, planetary systems, cosmology, space science, instrumentation
- Earth system science: physical geography, geology, geophysics, atmospheric sciences, oceanography, climatology, ecology, global environmental change, biogeochemical cycles, natural resources management
Applicants for the ERC Advanced Grant are expected to be active researchers and to have a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years.
Minimum number of participants: At least 1 independent legal entity established in one of the Member States, or one of the associated countries.