European grant funds: Protection and promotion of women’s rights, and women’s social and economic empowerment
Deadline: 26th January 2012
To develop and strengthen sustainable initiatives at local and national level promoting:
- women’s equal access to and control of economic resources;
- equal access to existing and/or new services that are instrumental to increasing women’s social and
- economic protection and wellbeing and their participation in economic growth;
- dissemination of relevant good practice.
For the purpose of sustainability, proposals must include at least two out of the following three themes:1. At ‘macro’ level: Creation and/or strengthening of a political, normative, legal and economic environment
2. At ‘meso’ level: Support for and strengthening at local and national level of the capacity of public bodies, non-state actors and private companies to participate in processes promoting the protection of women’s rights in the economic and financial sectors, and women’s equal access to and participation in economic opportunities including information exchange, networking and partnership building.
3. At ‘micro’ level: Support for the development and implementation of gender-sensitive initiatives — addressing inequality, discrimination and vulnerability hampering women’s full participation in the economy — in an integrated, multi-sector approach.