DEADLINE: MAY 3RD, 2011.
The Programme aims to enhance the cultural area shared by Europeans, which is based on a common cultural heritage, through the development of cooperation activities among cultural operators from countries taking part in the Programme, with a view to encouraging the emergence of European citizenship.
The only eligible applicants are public or private organisations with legal personality whose main activity is in the cultural field (areas of cultural or creative activity) and whose head office is in one of the following countries:
- the Member States of the European Union,
- Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Croatia, Turkey, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro.
Cultural organisations are given support for projects to work together across borders and to create and implement cultural and artistic activities.
The aim is to help organisations, such as theatres, museums, professional associations, research centres, universities, cultural institutes and public authorities from different countries participating in the Programme to cooperate so that different sectors can work together and extend their cultural and artistic reach across borders.
- promotion of the trans-national mobility of people working in the cultural sector;
- support for the trans-national circulation of cultural and artistic works and products;
- promotion of inter-cultural dialogue.
For further information: