DEADLINE: First stage (short proposals) 28 April 2011
a) Bootstrapping a data economy:
· To maximise reuse of digital content resources by making them easy to find, evaluate and integrate.
· To foster reuse of digital content resources by providing guarantees and fair incentives for their creators and maintainers.
· To develop robust and highly usable new services demanded by citizens and businesses (especially SMEs) and create value by correlating independently produced datasets or extracting valuable information not foreseen by the original data producer.
b) Community building and best practices: Produce rigorous studies on the actual or projected economic impact of digital resources pooling as a function of well defined parameters such as the size of resources, user populations, socio-economic sectors, and software stacks adopted.
c) Sharing language resources:
· To make more effective the acquisition of language resources exploiting automated and/or collaborative means
· To contribute to an open exchange place based upon the concerted pooling of resources having a significant potential for reuse.
· To show the concrete impact of using, combining or repurposing the above resources in a given use context, in terms of improved functionality, maintainability, scalability and portability of new systems and technologies.
d) Building consensus and common services: Actions under this heading must help establish mechanisms, forums and support services to (i) coordinate efforts, reach consensus, mobilise the community at large, and (ii) set up and manage the planned electronic trading facilities.
If interested, please write to email@example.com